Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I'm HERE!

Okay world, I'm here.

[pause for reaction]

Jen said I needed to get a real blog, so here I am. Suddenly I'm overcome with shyness. That's what happens when you're a highly sensitive person and you find yourself in a new environment. Like Blogger.

I know! I'll make a reading recommendation! The Highly Sensitive Person by Elaine Aron. It's all about people like me who tend to feel shy in new situations and need to warm up before they can deal with it. Like now. Do noise and confusion quickly overwhelm you? Do you need time alone each day? Then you might be highly sensitive, and you should read this book!

(Warning: if you are in fact highly sensitive and you read this book, you will feel the urge to proclaim that you are highly sensitive every time you start to feel overwhelmed, which is pretty much all the time, right? And then your kids will make fun of you for claiming to be highly sensitive, which will send you on a downward spiral of self-loathing, most likely culminating in a three-day Ben and Jerry's binge).

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Wow. I like Jen and Andrew. They're awesome. Just thought I'd point that out.

Okay, it's almost 11, which means I may already be a pumpkin. Yep, it's already happened. More tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger that girl said...

fucking AWESOME, dude! welcome to the blogosphere!!!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Welcome!

12:35 AM  
Blogger unique_stephen said...

Ahhh, welcome.
I am now googeling "Runcible"

3:19 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

I'd be happy with a fistful of clean forks, too.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home