Thursday, June 19, 2008

I can't believe I lifted the whole thing

Today I was totally frustrated because I just could NOT figure out this flash thing. I worked all day on it and got NOWHERE. Then I had to go see Shaprina.

Shaprina is my trainer. She has been kicking my butt for two months. I love her for it. I almost (almost) like exercising. Well, I like chasing my kid around the playground without getting all tired and out of breath. Hell, I've had more fun on playgrounds in the past month than I've had in my entire life!

Also, I really, really like having biceps.

So, the point is that I was really frustrated and full of adreneline and cortisol and lots of other nasties, and it transformed me into a TOTAL BEAST at the gym. I was cranking on the elliptical and wasn't even out of breath. Shaprina put 40 pounds on the cable for a triceps press and I said, "I can't lift that!" She said, "Quit cryin'."

So I did it. And 15 reps later, I said, "I can do more."

I know I sound like a total gym rat, which is really not part of my self concept, but I hereby give myself permission to be a little bit of a jock because, dammit, I rock.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

remember me trying to do workout videos with you in our room together and what a nightmare i was?? tee hee... just thinking about it makes me smile.

you go girl... work those muscles!

i want to see before and after photos!

2:10 PM  
Blogger babyoog said...

God willing there are NO before photos. :)

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home