Saturday, March 22, 2008

Nomination for worst day ever

1. I woke up at 5 am realizing that Peer1 was about to deprovision my server and I hadn't finished moving my files.
2. Spent all morning trying to figure out how to get the servers to talk to each other.
3. Spent the next 3 hours sitting in front of my computer moving my mouse every 30 seconds to make sure my connection wouldn't time out. During one of these hours, I was simultaneously preventing my one year old from a) pushing the buttons on the scanner, b) eating change, and c) knocking over Max's conga.
4. While I was moving a certain client's 50,000 mail items to the new server (I am not exaggerating), FTP failed. I still can't get the servers to talk to each other.
5. While I was waiting for tech support to help me, I snuck upstairs for a beer, only to find that someone had drank all my cold beer. I put one in the freezer.
6. I went back downstairs and noticed that all my websites were down. I continued to wait for someone to help me.
7. I went back upstairs to get my beer, which had frozen.
8. I went to the bathroom, which needed a preemptive flush. Upon flushing, the toilet overflowed. One of my kids said, "I was just trying to get your attention. I didn't know where the plunger was."
9. I went downstairs to get the plunger, only to discover that the overflowing toilet was leaking into the utility room.
10. I came back upstairs and had to teach a certain 17 year old man how to use a mop.
11. I am now on the phone with tech support. I am discovering that neither my server or my firewall was configured correctly in the first place.
12. My husband is about to kill me for sticking him with the kid all day.

Do I win?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

that's a sucky day. especially the toilet part. any day that i have to deal with toilet issues is not a good one. hoping for a better day today!

4:02 PM  
Blogger that girl said...

yes, you win.

10:34 AM  
Blogger unique_stephen said...

I plead "no contest"


wordverification: iamkkk

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home