Monday, May 08, 2006

Server's up!

Oh, thank goodness.

On Saturday, after guitar, Dave and I stopped by the office to check on the perennially churning big server, which has been working to replicate itself onto the little server pretty much non-stop for 3 weeks. It was a little like watching a golden retriever trying to schtup a dachshund. Only less gross.

Anyway, it hasn't exactly been non-stop. In fact, the process seemed to get stuck constantly - whenever I wasn't there to watch it. "Are you sure you want to move the read-only file 'screw_you_you_aint_here_to_watch_me.gif?'" Um, YES! That's why I clicked MOVE.

Anyway, we stopped by on Saturday and it was finally DONE! Yippee! I took everything apart, made Dave carry it to the car, made Dave carry it in the house, directed him to a spot on the floor where he could put everything down, then promptly forgot about it.

Hey, I had a RECITAL.

Sunday, I played in my recital, then came home and recorded my songs, which I plan to post online shortly, and otherwise avoided work.

Finally, today I had to get some things done. But why work when there's a server to set up? Ah ha! That's procrastination in action.

Turns out it was the best thing I could have done. As the network came online and I started to move files off my desktop (where my Dave Matthews hottie background was completely obscured by icons - the horror!) and onto the server, my mind cleared as well. It was literally like a weight had been lifted.

Ah, the little, unexpected triumphs.

It's 11 pm. I'm done for the night. Almost time to get up and do it all again.

2 Comments:

Blogger that girl said...

whoosh! (that was time... flying...) i'm so proud of you, lumpy. for making such good decisions...

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home