Friday, August 18, 2006

Ann's triumphant return to the blogosphere

Okay, life is nuts.

I finally reached critical mass with a few of my bigger projects and realized that if I didn't do something about it, I might as well a) find a good bankruptcy lawyer or b) follow through on my plans to wait tables at a diner in Idaho. I'm not out of the woods yet, but some things are getting reasonably close to finished, and after working about 18 hours a day for three days straight, I do finally feel like I can take a little rest to blog and practice guitar.

So what's the skinny?

Well, for one, I had an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago. I should really post it, but the print out is downstairs on my desk, and it's not scanned, and I'm tired and a little nauseated. So I will describe it to you.

Squishy has one head, two arms and two legs. Also, something that looks like it might turn into a nose. A good start, but any standard. Heartbeat looks awesome.

And get this - we saw the baby move. Woah.

Here's how it went down. I was splayed out on the exam table with my feet in the stirrups, having endured a pap smear, a clumsy breast exam, and extensive prodding of my belly. As usual, the nurse was systematically jabbing each of my vital organs with the ultrasound wand. On that particular visit, she was more interested in hubby's cancer story than in where she was putting that thing.

Granted, Dave's cancer story is fascinating, but my god, can we talk about me for a second?

Anyway, I'm watching my beautiful baby on the monitor - there's the umbilical cord! Hearbeat! Appendages! Dave and the NP continue blathering on. Next thing you know, little kicks. I think, "did I really see that?" I say, "Guys, I think the baby's moving!" Dave puts it on pause and we check out the baby kicking.

It was pretty cool.

Next ultrasound is at 20 weeks. Hopefully by then we'll be able to tell the sex.

Okay moms - reality check... I'm 11 weeks pregnant and my jeans don't fit. Is that normal?

I'm kind of paranoid about this. I'm not really worried about gaining weight - I'm fine with that as long as the baby's healthy. I'm just worred that I might be in the maternity jeans because of the grilled cheese sandwiches, not because of the baby.

Please mollify me.

What else? Danny's going back to school next Friday. Or, I should say, "to school" since he's not going back to the same school as last year. This year he'll be at Franklin & Marshall in Lancaster, which is much more his speed and a lot closer to home (yea!).

Max is done with driving school except for the "in the car" lessons. Dave says he's now good enough for Squish and me to ride along. I remain skeptical.

Andrew has fallen off the face of the earth. Andrew? Andrew!

Got an email on MySpace from Ray, my friend from college. He's a doll. Looking forward to catching up with him.

Still no word on Randy McGill.

And that about sums it up!

How are you?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're feeling stomach sick...man, that's the worst. Hope it passes soon.

(I'm fine.)

6:54 PM  
Blogger unique_stephen said...

> Your up the duff. You can get fat anytime you damn well please. Jeans be damned.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home