Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Too much carbon dioxide

Don't you love that song? Cake. It's totally stuck in my head.

First of all, we have a heat index of 115 today. That's NUTS. I am reminded of how fragile we human beings are, and how whacked out the earth is. I want to move to Idaho and farm potatoes in the hopes that this will somehow make it all better.

On a related note, today is a code red air quality day in Maryland. Luckily, this is only the second code red day we've had in two years, which is remarkable, because some summers it seems like we have them all the time. Basically, that means that you shouldn't go outside without your respirator. Since I don't have a respirator, I guess I'll just have to risk it.

Like all soon-to-be-mommies before me, I have become highly sensitive to war and the state of the environment. The increased sensitivity to war reinforces my desire to get as far away from Washington DC as possible, preferably to a potato farm in Idaho. Living in the shadow of the so-called capital of the free world is not so comforting when you're knocked up. Because, you gotta figure, who's going to be the first to bite it when World War III breaks out? It isn't going to be the potato farmers.

The original subject line for this post was going to be "Too much TV," because that's really what I wanted to write about. I have gone and gotten myself addicted again. Now I'm addicted to fashion and home makeover shows. That is strange, because I've never really been all that into fashion and home makeover shows. Okay, Clean Sweep is totally the bomb, but Curb Appeal? And How Do I Look? And Extreme Makeover? My brain is litterally turning to mush right in front of me.

I think I'm going to have to call a TV-free week to see if I can break away. Life is too short for this shit.

Here's hoping the weather breaks so I can take a walk sometime soon...without my respirator.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This heat is unbearable. It SUCKS.

It totally freaks me out.

Totally.

8:43 PM  
Blogger unique_stephen said...

You guyz are like wimps.

8:33 AM  
Blogger babyoog said...

Yeah, well at least it's winter where you are, Stephen! Heh.

10:41 AM  
Blogger that girl said...

you should watch what not to wear. it's my favorite.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home