Friday, August 10, 2007

Goin downy oshun

Tomorrow, we're off to Ocean City. We're staying with my parents, and my older kids and sister/sister-out-law are dropping by here and there to visit. Looks like the weather will be good, and I need a break. Of course, I'll probably need a vacation after my vacation, since I'll be dealing with the kid and my parents all week. Very different from the old days when Dave and I would snorkel off of Kauai or windsurf in Aruba!

Anyway, I was thinking about Baltimore - mostly the goofy accent I grew up with. Not only did we say we were "going down the ocean," when we talked about heading to the beach, but it sounded like "goin downy oshun."

That's silly, but I love it.

2 Comments:

Blogger jennifer_starfall said...

i love it, too.

have fun downy oshun, hon!

11:47 PM  
Blogger unique_stephen said...

I'v a mate from Baltimore - he was over 7' tall. Nobody hassled him about his accent.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home