Monday, May 07, 2007

I jinxed it

Oh well, back to all over the map.

In-laws visited this weekend. It was fun, but rather overwhelming for the baby. I did enjoy having my sister-in-law here to feed and hold him, which she loved. I could have used the opportunity to work, but instead I used it to put away 4 weeks worth of clean laundry.

My sister-in-law also cleaned the fronts of my kitchen cabinets, wiped up the kitchen floor, and scrubbed the gunk off of my coffeemaker. Normally, I would have been totally embarrassed, but I really just didn't care.

On Saturday, the pollen here was so awful that Dave couldn't even go outside. Unfortunately, he did it anyway and had a day-long sneezing fit that probably caused one of the disks in his back to pop out. Now he is laying on the living room floor totally immobilized. Yay.

Danny's home for a couple weeks. I love love love having him here, especially since it's such a short visit, but with him and Dave both home today, it's making Sam loopy. (Turns out we DO have a schedule, which goes out the window when Dave would rather stick with Judge Mathis than watch the entire Raffi DVD at the appointed time. No, you can't turn it off just because he's sleeping).

On the other hand, lying flat on the floor does not preclude a man from letting a baby sleep on his chest, which is definitely buying me some time right now.

In other news, a client's IT guy called to get me to change their DNS. I took the opportunity to pick his brain about why my new (old) computer won't talk to the network, and he totally hit the ball out of the park. I've been wrestling with it for 3 days, determined not to turn the laptop back on. Go Grant!

Okay, to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home