Thursday, May 03, 2007

Not to jinx it but...

Sam has started sleeping longer at night without a feeding - like 6 or 7 hours.

This took me totally by surprise. I mean, one night, it was every 3 hours like clockwork. And the next night, I put him down at 9:30 and he didn't make a peep until nearly 5 am.

Last night, he went to bed at 10 and woke up to eat at 4:15.

A girl could get used to this.

Last night I told Dave that, even though breastfeeding him is a pain in the ass, I can't imagine a world where I'm not doing it. That is not a value judgment at all (see MamaTulip's lovely post on breastfeeding, and not). I just mean that with this particular baby, it's been going so well and seems so normal that it's going to be weird to stop some day.

But of course it will happen. One day it will just start to seem weird. He'll need it less and less, and then we will stop. But I think I'll miss it. Time marches on. I guess we'll just wait and see.

In-laws this weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger jennifer_starfall said...

or you could be one of those weirdos that breastfeeds until your kid gets married.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home