Sunday, July 20, 2008

Would I?

I saw my friend the other day and I don't know
Exactly just what he became
It goes to show
It wasn't long ago
I was just like you
And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home
- "Emenius Sleepus," Green Day

I sometimes wish I could be 17 again. I think I wish for this because, in many significant ways, I've let my life happen to me. If I could make many of those choices again - actually make them this time, rather than letting the world make them for me - I would do things differently.

But is that really what I want? To be 17 again?

I recently came across someone I used to know. He has so much drama in his life, it's crazy. His wife actually wants to "start something" with me, which I think means that she wants to...fight me? Is that what that means? I don't even remember.

I miss having every possibility open to me, but I don't miss the naivete or the hormones. I think I've held on to more playfulness than most, but I am glad I've grown up. At least a little bit.

4 Comments:

Blogger unique_stephen said...

hmmm - I think she want to lezzer you up. How are you at eating carpet?

2:26 AM  
Blogger Jen lleras said...

Perhaps by "start something" she just wants to start a club or something, maybe she's really into knitting!

10:33 AM  
Blogger unique_stephen said...

[crickets]


I'm taking it that the stunned silence is due to the inappropriateness of the earlier comment... lesson learned

2:21 AM  
Blogger babyoog said...

Completely inappropriate, and otherwise perfect! :) I think you might be right.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home