Monday, July 24, 2006

I'm ba-ack.

Well, I'm back from New Jersey. A great time was had by all. Got to spend lots of time with squishy's cousins Mike (19), Jared (14) and Susie (3), as well as my sister-in-law Leah, hubby Steve and the incomparable Big Z. (That's Dave's dad).

We mostly hung out all weekend and laughed at Susie, when she wasn't throwing a tantrum. She's a sweet, sweet girl, but she's just at that age.

The crib is beautiful. It's leaning up against our unsold bunk beds in what will become the nursery, yet to be reassembled.

I was sick as a dog and made it my habit to drive down to the convenience store every morning for a bottle of gingerale and some nilla wafers. Yeah, I had saltines, but I had to ration them out over the whole weekend. Anyway, how many saltines can you take? On Friday, I had to stop at Kohl's to buy bigger bras because I couldn't stand my 36 A-B-C sports bra any more. If you've got it, why squish it against your chest? Also, breathing is nice.

On Saturday, we piled all the boys into my mom's Durango (borrowed on account of the crib) and took them to see Clerks II. It's a good thing we came by, because Auntie Leah probably would have died if she had taken them to see that movie. She was shocked and appalled when she found out that Jared had been watching "Lucky Louie" on the DL.

When we got back last night, I had even more bras waiting - this time in the form of a JC Penney order that showed up on my doorstep while we were away. I got this bra for sleeping. It is the greatest invention of ALL TIME. Not kidding.

This morning, had to get up and head back to work. (So did Dave, by the way! Ha!) I'm feeling iffy, but riding high on gingerale and excited about my checkup tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home