Tuesday, July 25, 2006

So over it

Okay, I'm over it.

I thought it would be cool to get morning sickness. You know, proof that I'm pregnant and all. But now I'm done.

The good news? New baby pictures!


And now for the explanation: the black circle on the left is the bag the baby's in. See the two white dots? Those are plus signs that mark the top and bottom of the baby. The baby itself is a lighter area that's really hard to see on the sonogram at this size. But it's very cool.

We saw the heartbeat on the monitor today. Just a little flicker, but definitely visible. Yeah, it made me weepy.

So back to complaining:

1. The NP who performed my ultrasound kept jabbing my bladder with the wand. HARD! I was like, "Ow! Stop it!" Good thing I made an extra pee before the exam.

2. The RN who was supposed to go through all my previous bloodwork and determine what new tests I needed didn't do a very good job. I had at least three extra vials of blood drawn for tests I've already had. How many times do you need to check and see if I had Chicken Pox? (Aside: the phlebotomist was very nice).

3. Nobody told me I was going to need to produce a pee sample. 30 minutes after the extra pee I took to prevent squirting on the NP? Yeah. It's a good thing I make new pee at an alarming rate.

4. I don't feel so good.

Anyway, all told, we spent two hours at the doctor's office this morning - WAY longer than I had hoped. I have done basically nothing since them but sleep. Better try to squeeze in a little more work before everyone else in the world goes home.

2 Comments:

Blogger that girl said...

SQUISHY! I LOVE YOU! KEEP DIVIDING AND FLICKERING!

8:09 PM  
Blogger unique_stephen said...

aww, first baby pick, and barly more than a blastocel

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home