Friday, December 01, 2006

Recital update

So I had that guitar recital last week.

It was an okay recital. I played Merrily Kissed the Quaker, which went fine.

During Dave's set, we were to play two duets, and then he was playing a Rick Ruskin number. The first song was called Acoustic Alchemy - kind of a new-agey number. It was sounding pretty good before the recital, but we had problems with the amp. To add insult to injury, my first string (high E) broke just before the recital started, so I had a new one on there. Of course, it had to slip right at the beginning of the song. I played through. Lots of not-so-right notes, and it wasn't even my fingers! Oh well.

On the second duet (kind of a jazzy number where I was comping for Dave), I totally lost my place. I told Dave to just keep going if I got lost, and he listened! I managed to jump back in near the end.

So I'm feeling a little bad - like I screwed up Dave's part. But he, of course, is not mad at me. Because he's not really capable of that, sweet thing that he is.

My shoes and rings are tight and all I can do is sleep. Hello third trimester! :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is the downside of playing poorly - was it marked, or is it just kudos?

8:27 AM  
Blogger babyoog said...

Just pride. :)

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-)

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home