Saturday, April 14, 2007

Guitar! (at last)

Guitar started up again today.

I wasn't quite ready, but Dave hurt his hand, so I decided to go back to preserve our lesson time. I'm glad I did.

First of all, I missed David. I gave him a hug when I saw him. He had no idea what to do with that, but he was a good sport.

And, I missed playing. I might have been a little burnt out before Sam was born, when I was trying to cram in all kinds of work and, consequently, my brain hurt most of the time. But now, after a solid month of diaper changes and spit up, when the most complicated calculation in my day is "how long since I fed him last?", it felt really good to do something that was mentally challenging.

That's why the situation with work is going to be okay too. Because it will all work out for the best, and because I just might start enjoying it again.

Off to mail the tax returns!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home