Thursday, April 12, 2007

Settling in

I'm settling in to being a mom. Today, Sam woke up extra early, but then had a good long nap in the morning. Then we went to the post office, then to the park for a nice long walk.

Dave came home for a couple of hours after work, but had to take off for Max's band concert. While he was home, we gave the kid a bath.

Now I'm scared. Because I'm supposed to be "back at work" on Monday, whatever that means. The sum total of my "childcare" arrangements consists of my husband, who telecommutes most Fridays, and the occassional half-day with my mother, which I dare not abuse. And, from the emails I've been getting, it seems that all my clients are raring to go.

I thought I'd figure this out when the time came, but lightning has yet to strike. And god damn, I'm tired. Not the right state of mind for striking a balance between being a mom and a faithful worker bee, while pretending to all sides that I can do both full-time.

I keep telling myself that it won't be THAT much harder than doing all my work while holding down a 20 hour/week job with a wicked commute, and doing it all while I was pregnant.

Right.

Ack.

3 Comments:

Blogger that girl said...

you need to find someone to sit at your house while you're working. so you have time to work, but aren't completely separated from the tit monkey.

and you can totally call me to help out. i would accept gas money and pizza as payment. and baby snuggles.

1:37 AM  
Blogger babyoog said...

Careful, Jen. I just might take you up on that!!

7:54 AM  
Blogger that girl said...

laying around watching tv, eating pizza, changing a few diapers and huffing baby head? sounds like my kind of day. i'm not cleaning your fridge, though.

let me know if you really want my help. 'swhat i'm here for, dude.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home