Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bored

So I've been pretty much on my own for the past four weeks, except of course for two lovely lunches with old friends. It's starting to drive me mad.

Nobody's emailing me. I left for three hours today and when I got back I had three new emails. Two of them were spam.

Nobody's online. Not even Miles. What is this world coming to that Miles O'Brien is idle?

It's cold in my basement.

I read a fascinating article in the Post the other day. It was all about the generational swing between idealistic generations and practical, solution-oriented generations. Apparently, the baby boomers (idealistic) are giving way to the "millennials" (practical). Go Obama.

I would love to tell you all about it, but you're not around.

The best part of the article? I learned that the generational motto of my generation (X) is "life sucks and then you die."

Go us.

3 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

Here's to fiction! And here's to sitting back and letting the fiction come to you. Because it will, you know. I feel like that whispery voice that called to Kevin Costner from the cornfields in Field of Dreams when I say this, but if you let it, it will come to you.

Okay, total cheeseball moment is OVER!

4:27 PM  
Blogger unique_stephen said...

I'm here

6:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm here too!!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home