Thursday, October 16, 2008

Crazy week

This has been some kind of crazy week.

First of all, Monday was a daycare holiday. Daycare holidays are the worst. All my clients are working (criminy! it's only Columbus Day!), but since daycare is closed, I cannot work. At. All.

So I got up on Tuesday already a whole day behind. Had acupuncture in the morning, then bolted at 2:15 to head to Philly with Andrew for mega-death-metal-dead-babies-on-pitchforks-arrr-satan-arrr.

We saw five death metal bands, culimating with...wait for it...Danzig!!! All told, it was a VERY late night. The show ended at 1:30 a.m., and Andrew let me sleep the whole way back to his house. I love him.

Wednesday morning, I woke up to this IM:

"Ann, our site is screwed up. It's throwing all kinds of errors, and opening other websites, and it's not displaying right."

Awesome.

I'll cut to the chase: SQL Server. Hacked. Firewall. Not configured correctly. Passwords. All need changing. Seriously not my bad. Oh well.

Two days later, I'm finally coming up for air. I haven't done a stitch of work all week, and tomorrow's Friday.

Ack.

2 Comments:

Blogger unique_stephen said...

injection attack??
extended stored procedures called?


nasty

I abstract all database calls through an object with every countermeasure known to man.

If the DBA fucks up with accounts and security that's his problem.

12:26 AM  
Blogger babyoog said...

Actually, I think it was a brute force attack on the sql server. It doesn't look like my app was compromised, thank goodness. Still sucks though.

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home