Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Assignment: Dave

Dave is still at home.

You may recall that Dave's building was flooded (with, we've learned, 3 MILLION gallons of water). You know those "disaster recovery plans" everybody's been working on since 9/11? Well, apparently the IRS never got around to finishing theirs. Kind of like some people never get around to filing their taxes? Harumph.

To be fair, I'm not sure how they could have anticipated this. A deluge destroys the building. Only this building. How weird.

Anyway, while Dave sits at home enjoying his newly stress-free lifestyle, I am slaving away.

Damn him.

I've started giving him little assignments to keep him busy during the day. Nothing extraordinary - just things I would do if I had time - like scheduling comcast to check on our signal, calling vonage about our crappy voice quality, checking with his sister on the crib, stuff like that. Please. Not a big deal. He is resistant but is acquiescing.

If you have any little tasks you need done by my house husband, let me know.

2 Comments:

Blogger unique_stephen said...

make him code HTML for food

6:13 PM  
Blogger babyoog said...

Dave retorts, "I may not be working, but at least I'm getting paid."

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home