Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Un oh

The past week has been fairly uneventful. I spent my seventh week of pregnancy wondering when the other shoe would drop, i.e. when would the morning sickness arrive?

Today, that question was answered.

I was clicking along, feeling fine, wondering (just in the back of my mind), whether I would escape this particular side effect's icy grip. But I kept reading that it starts around week eight, and that most women start to feel sick right after they make up their minds that they're out of the woods. So I didn't get my hopes up.

It started yesterday with a queasiness that went away with food. I resolved not to allow myself to get too hungry. I vowed to surround myself with snacks.

This morning. Breakfast. Just in time - I've got that not so happy tummy feeling! Still sick in the car - emergency pretzel stash. By the time I got to work, I had to drive past work to the local convenience store for an emergency infusion of that morning sickness panacea - ginger ale.

Now that I'm at my desk, I feel better, but I don't know if it will last. I keep telling myself I'll get used to it, but my first brush with the demon hasn't boosted my confidence.

The good news? I've sprouted 38DDs. :)

Tomorrow, we're off to New Jersey to visit the clan. Our niece is out of her crib, so we'll be bringing home furniture! Yay!

5 Comments:

Blogger that girl said...

yay! morning sickness and furniture! my favorite combination.

4:49 PM  
Blogger unique_stephen said...

38DDs
I’m not sure whether I should write:
-Do you need a permit for those? If you walk from place to place you could affect the tides.
Or:
-Photos.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for you; I had horrible morning sickness with both pregnancies. I carried a sleeve of Saltines in my purse at all times. Hang in there.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Leesha said...

38DDs is sooo much better than morning sickness!
Not that I've had either....
~Leesha~

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home