Monday, January 15, 2007

Update

Looks like we're headed to the hospital.

I just found out about a week ago that our last ultrasound showed that Sam's kidneys are enlarged. If it's true (and my OB seems to think it might be a false reading), then it's likely he has some kind of blockage in his ureter, which isn't uncommon in boys.

The good news is that this condition almost always works itself out and no intervention is required.

The bad news is that the docs usually like to ultrasound the baby after birth to make sure whatever it is isn't persisting, and we have to be at the hospital for that to happen.

We're having another ultrasound on Wednesday, and if everything looks okay (and we feel good about the tour of the birthing center, which we're still having Wednesday night), I may lobby for the birthing center anyway. I'm taking Dave along to my next appointment to be a hard ass, if one is required.

Regardless of where he's born, I'm still hoping for a drug and surgery-free birth.

In other news, I'm suffering from a serious case of senioritis. I spend my days procrastinating on work projects and my evenings either at various baby classes or nesting my little butt off. (You should SEE how clean the upstairs is!)

7 1/2 weeks to go.

2 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

Good luck...I really hope you can deliver at the birthing centre, where you want to be.

6:53 PM  
Blogger that girl said...

i've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you to get what you really want...

a healthy baby.

you give me a call whenever you want, okay?

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home