Monday, April 23, 2007

Daddy is funny

For oh so many reasons.

First of all, Daddy doesn't know the name of a single plant. Not one. So when we go to Brookside Gardens for a stroll, we have a series of conversations that go something like this:

Dave (exclaims): "Look at those Yellows!"
Ann (mummers): "Forsythia"
Dave (exclaims): "And those Reds! Wow, those Reds are gorgeous."
Ann (mummers): "Tulips"
Dave (exclaims): "What about those Yellows over there!?"
Ann (mummers): "Daffodils"
Dave: "What?"
Ann: "Daffodils. They're called Daffodils. Or Jonquils. Same thing."
Dave: "Like I said, those Yellows are cool!"

These exchanges alternately make me feel like a nobel laureate and a snooty ass. But mostly they make me smile because my husband is such a goof.

Daddy is also funny because he laid on this brick wall with the baby. And it reminded me of a Beatles album cover for some reason.

I squatted to take this picture. That's right, I can squat again. Woo hoo!

2 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

I love, LOVE that picture.

1:31 PM  
Blogger unique_stephen said...

To be a real smart ass you have to put the name up in latin

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home