Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Caught ya!

So tonight I'm writing a proposal on behalf of one of my clients. Tomorrow, I get to gather up all my files and go to their office for a few hours to print and assemble the thing.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing these people. (These are the same folks I couldn't wait to get away from three months ago). I guess I'm looking forward to it because of the distinct lack of adult interaction I've experienced over the last month. Plus, they'll all be ogling baby pictures like nobody's business.

This afternoon, we swung by a local school to pick Max up from his alleged baseball game. (It was canceled due to a scheduling FUBAR). He brought a bunch of his teammates and coaches over to meet Sam. They were all so excited to see the baby, but of course they hid it under a heavy dose of 10th grader cynicism.

Actually, Max's friends are markedly less cynical than I was at their age.

Anyway, I totally caught Max being proud to show off his baby brother, and that made me happy.

Right after we dropped Max off at his mom's, we (Dave, Sam and I) went to a burger joint for dinner. As I stood at the counter ordering, I surreptitiously watched as my husband picked our baby up out of the stroller, looked in his eyes, and told him the story of his day. Some lady near me said, "That's a good daddy." And I was like, "Yeah, that is a good daddy."

He didn't know I was looking.

2 Comments:

Blogger that girl said...

i need a bigger font to say

AWWWWWWWWW

12:14 AM  
Blogger unique_stephen said...

sneaky looking

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home