Monday, October 20, 2008

Rant

I admit it. I'm disgrunted.

WHAT?

On Friday at noon, a client sent me an email asking me to review an idea he had for a weekly email special. This is a client who routinely asks me to review his half-assed ideas, which he then (sometimes) half-follows-through-on (if at all).

So nevermind that it's going to be a half-assed effort. And nevermind that my sql server got hacked last week. And never mind that that stupid SSL cert still won't install - I'll review your stupid idea (again) and get back to you.

Sunday, 8:48 a.m.
From: Stupid client
Re: weekly specials

Have you had a chance to look at?


WHAT? On Sunday morning? You asked me this question on Friday afternoon. I guess I'm not supposed to have a weekend.

ALSO

A client of a client is refusing to pay my invoice because she thinks it's outrageous that I make $125/hour. Outrageous? That a business should earn $125/hour? That the owner should take home (maybe) a third of that? Or that your sorry little PhD ass barely earns twice that? Are you feeling a little insecure about your graduate school training, sweetie?

NOT TO MENTION

Me: My back hurts. I really need to start exercising.
Dave: There's nothing to do. Just go for a walk.
Me: When am I supposed to do that?
Dave: Just go do it. Whenever.
Me: You just don't understand how hard I work.
Dave: Mmph.

AND FINALLY

~evening~

MJ: My gf is sick, so I'll be online and working on your stuff pretty much all the time for the next few days.
Me: Cool. Talk to you in the morning then.

~morning~

[crickets]

1 Comments:

Blogger unique_stephen said...

So, it's still pre-coffee Monday AM I take it.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home