Monday, February 02, 2009

That last post

So here's the skinny on that last post.

My sister's computer broke. This is my problem because I am the resident computer geek in my family. I man the help desk 24/7. I keep telling them this isn't what I DO. They keep calling me.

So after two weeks of continuous deflection and half-hearted phone intervention, I finally gave in and went over to my sister's house to have a look. I figured, if I couldn't help her, at least Kath and Chris could play with the kid for a while, and that would make everyone happy (including Dave, who got the afternoon to himself).

Long story short, I did figure it out. And it wasn't at all what I thought originally. But at least it's fixed. I thought I would be funny and write a little post on my blog, pull it up on the screen (to demonstrate that the internet was working again) and call Katherine into the room to "see if maybe I got something."

What did she do? Walk over to the computer? Scroll right past my cute little post, and demand, "Is it fixed?"

Arg. So much for being cute.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I knew there was a story.

I was just hell bend on getting it out of you... mission accomplished!!

Way to go Computer Geek Action Hero!!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i mean hell benT (with a T)

3:25 PM  
Blogger unique_stephen said...

All's well that ends connected.

7:28 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

That works. :)

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home